The New Zealand Walnut Industry Group is here to help you. NZWIG’s aims include encouraging discussion and learning with publications (including your manual) and field days. We also instigate research projects and work with the research team as they search for answers to key questions for growers.But NZWIG is not just for growers. We welcome all stakeholders in the walnut industry and draw on their expertise.
We are proud of our public information web site. It’s called Walnuts Please. Take a look, you’ll find information about;
The NZ Walnut Industry Group Incorporated was incorporated as a society in NZ in 2001.
The objects for which the Association is formed are:
- To establish and maintain in NZ an industry body based upon the Walnut (Juglans sp.)
- To do any act, matter or thing which is incidental or conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above objects.
The Association shall set out to achieve such objects by:
- Encouraging the planting of nut trees, establishing trial areas for nut and or timber production, including the establishment of gene banks
- Promote, research and encourage a domestic and overseas export trade for walnuts
- Promote and commission scientific research, including plant breading, in all matters relative to walnuts
- To facilitate for the benefit of members the results of all scientific investigation, technical and practical information about walnuts
- To promote and provide for members, conferences, field days, workshops and any other training methods to further members’ knowledge about the growing and production of walnuts
- To promote an active liaison with the appropriate Research Organisations and Nut and Tree Associations in New Zealand and relevant international associations